PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- A naked man playing violin in front of a downtown Portland courthouse Saturday refused to walk to a squad car and had to be carried by police.
Police say they aren't sure of the man's identity. He told them his name is Matthew T. Mglej and that he is 25 years old.
The brand of the violin was unknown on Saturday morning.
The man was jailed under the Portland city code forbidding indecent exposure.
Police say they warned the man numerous times about his "lack of attire," but he refused to dress himself or leave public view.
City police refrain from enforcing the code during Portland's World Naked Bike Ride as long as participants keep to the designated route. The event draws about 8,000 riders each June.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Latest Arizona Stories
- New patrol cars will be part of Highway Patrol's DUI enforcement
- Veterans posting signs to help guard against PTSD on Fourth of July
- Everybody in! Sedona resort listed among amazing outdoor hotel pools
- 6 guards hurt breaking up fight in Arizona prison
- Bodies of missing Arizona couple found, man in custody