PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- A naked man playing violin in front of a downtown Portland courthouse Saturday refused to walk to a squad car and had to be carried by police.
Police say they aren't sure of the man's identity. He told them his name is Matthew T. Mglej and that he is 25 years old.
The brand of the violin was unknown on Saturday morning.
The man was jailed under the Portland city code forbidding indecent exposure.
Police say they warned the man numerous times about his "lack of attire," but he refused to dress himself or leave public view.
City police refrain from enforcing the code during Portland's World Naked Bike Ride as long as participants keep to the designated route. The event draws about 8,000 riders each June.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Latest Arizona Stories
- Jerice Hunter's mother: Jhessye Shockley is alive, trial racially motivated
- 9 Arizona cities among top 150 best places to start a business
- Jerice Hunter found guilty of first-degree murder of Jhessye Shockley
- Truck fire closes Interstate 17 north of Phoenix
- Juror replaced in Jerice Hunter murder trial