HINGHAM, Mass. (AP) - A Massachusetts man busted for speeding had a pretty good excuse when he was pulled over: He had just won a big lottery prize and was on his way to collect his cash.
It turns out Thursday was 22-year-old Scott Lowe's lucky day in more ways than one. The officer who pulled him over in Hingham (HING'-um) issued a verbal warning and urged him to drive safely.
Lowe, of Rockland, told the officer he was speeding because he had won $50,000 on a scratch-off ticket and was on his way to Massachusetts State Lottery headquarters in Braintree to collect his winnings.
WCVB-TV ( http://bit.ly/1crD2Wu) reports that police say Lowe was shaking, and showed the officer his winning ticket.
After the warning, he went on his way and claimed his prize.
Information from: WCVB-TV, http://www.thebostonchannel.com
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Arizona veteran receives two tickets to Super Bowl XLIX
- Rain delays in Phoenix Open could push tournament until Monday
- TSA ready for influx of forgotten items after Arizona Super Bowl
- Arizona Fox weather man rolls with map malfunction like a boss
- Family of Phoenix dispatcher killed by wrong-way driver shares heartbreaking letter