PALMDALE, Calif. (AP) - A camel created a ruckus in rural northern Los Angeles County when it got out of its enclosure and chased cars until it was rounded up.
Sheriff's Deputy John Cereoli says the camel was reported to have escaped from someone's property in the Acton area at 8:38 a.m. Friday and the incident lasted about a half hour.
The deputy says the camel was not injured.
Corrals and other animal enclosures are commonplace in the unincorporated high desert area north of Los Angeles.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- ASU grad launches mobile project to connect workers with odd jobs
- NASA, USDA agreement could lead to major farming improvements
- Report: Arizona tied for lowest college graduation rates nationwide
- Child advocates still concerned after DCS releases semi-annual report
- Arizona experts challenge child seat that claims to prevent hot car deaths