ROME (AP) - A huge boulder unleashed by a landslide in northern Italy narrowly missed a farmhouse, destroyed a barn and came to a stop in vineyards.
A second boulder stopped just feet (about a meter) behind the traditional stone farmhouse in the rocky region of Alto-Adige.
The surreal sight was captured in a series of dramatic photographs. Nobody was injured in the tumble from mountains overlooking the village of Ronchi di Termeno. Some other boulders from the Jan. 21 landslide blocked roads.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Officer: Arpaio is to blame for disobeying judge's orders
- Gov. Doug Ducey awards advocate, former sex trafficking victim
- Report: Arizona home to four of nation's toughest high schools
- How your teen is using social media
- Former Arizona legislator Gabby Giffords to receive foundation's 'inspiration' award