ROME (AP) - A huge boulder unleashed by a landslide in northern Italy narrowly missed a farmhouse, destroyed a barn and came to a stop in vineyards.
A second boulder stopped just feet (about a meter) behind the traditional stone farmhouse in the rocky region of Alto-Adige.
The surreal sight was captured in a series of dramatic photographs. Nobody was injured in the tumble from mountains overlooking the village of Ronchi di Termeno. Some other boulders from the Jan. 21 landslide blocked roads.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- 3 Arizona cities rate high as best spots for veterans
- Study: Phoenix ranks in bottom half for 'green buildings'
- Maricopa County animal shelters full after Fourth of July holiday
- Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey promises thorough inquiry into prison riots
- Sen. John McCain meets with troops in Middle East for holiday, pushes for reassessment of US withdrawal