ROME (AP) - A huge boulder unleashed by a landslide in northern Italy narrowly missed a farmhouse, destroyed a barn and came to a stop in vineyards.
A second boulder stopped just feet (about a meter) behind the traditional stone farmhouse in the rocky region of Alto-Adige.
The surreal sight was captured in a series of dramatic photographs. Nobody was injured in the tumble from mountains overlooking the village of Ronchi di Termeno. Some other boulders from the Jan. 21 landslide blocked roads.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Woman arrested in Phoenix on charges of child molestation
- Bill before Congress would give entrepreneurs citizenship opportunity
- Arizona Cardinals' Bidwill confident Larry Fitzgerald will return for 2015 season
- Phoenix woman accused of defrauding charity, church of more than $100K
- Phoenix firefighter hurt while fighting house fire on roof