NEWINGTON, Conn. (AP) - Call it the case of the banana-eating bandit.
Police in Connecticut say they're looking for a man who smashed his vehicle into a gas station in Newington, swiped a banana from a shelf and ate it before leaving early Wednesday morning. Nothing else was taken.
The store's surveillance video shows a Ford Freestyle with Connecticut license plates backing repeatedly into the store and breaking the glass doors, which set off the burglar alarm at about 2 a.m.
The man was gone before police arrived.
Police say the station wagon has damage to the driver's side taillight and rear bumper.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- How they compare: Austin, Phoenix two of the fastest-growing cities in the US
- Super Bowl Committee CEO: Issues with Glendale need to be resolved
- New ad promotes Phoenix tourism during the fall
- Frank Lloyd Wright school's future divides leaders
- Report: Arizona listed as 'toss-up' state in gubernatorial race