NEWINGTON, Conn. (AP) - Call it the case of the banana-eating bandit.
Police in Connecticut say they're looking for a man who smashed his vehicle into a gas station in Newington, swiped a banana from a shelf and ate it before leaving early Wednesday morning. Nothing else was taken.
The store's surveillance video shows a Ford Freestyle with Connecticut license plates backing repeatedly into the store and breaking the glass doors, which set off the burglar alarm at about 2 a.m.
The man was gone before police arrived.
Police say the station wagon has damage to the driver's side taillight and rear bumper.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Phoenix-area contractors may be shunned during Apple's command center construction
- The effect your family has on your financial confidence
- Jorge's Chicken & Waffles adds twist to soul-food favorite
- Millennials fuel trends in Phoenix office space design
- Trent Franks, conservatives fight Obama's 'unconstitutional' action on immigration