HATFIELD, Mass. (AP) - Massachusetts state police say they've stopped a car carrying 1,250 packets of heroin stamped "Obamacare" and "Kurt Cobain" and arrested the four people inside it.
Police say a trooper was making a traffic stop in Northampton when another car passed and he noticed several violations. He stopped the car a short time later in nearby Hatfield and found the driver wasn't licensed to drive it. A state police dog found the bags of heroin.
The four arrested people have been charged with heroin trafficking.
State police Lt. Daniel Richard says it's not unusual for heroin to be stamped with numbers, words or symbols to identify who's selling it. But he says the "Obamacare" stamp is one he hadn't heard of.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Unemployment rate in Arizona drops to 6 percent
- Shanesha Taylor appears on Dr. Phil to explain her side of the story
- Wrongful termination suit filed by 5 ex-CPS workers tossed
- Diane Douglas defends suit against Arizona education board
- Valley high school student detained for creating alleged 'hit list'