HATFIELD, Mass. (AP) - Massachusetts state police say they've stopped a car carrying 1,250 packets of heroin stamped "Obamacare" and "Kurt Cobain" and arrested the four people inside it.
Police say a trooper was making a traffic stop in Northampton when another car passed and he noticed several violations. He stopped the car a short time later in nearby Hatfield and found the driver wasn't licensed to drive it. A state police dog found the bags of heroin.
The four arrested people have been charged with heroin trafficking.
State police Lt. Daniel Richard says it's not unusual for heroin to be stamped with numbers, words or symbols to identify who's selling it. But he says the "Obamacare" stamp is one he hadn't heard of.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Arizona's Havasu Falls named one of 15 coolest hidden waterfalls
- Former Philadelphia Eagles QB Donovan McNabb arrested for DUI in Arizona
- Fired Arizona child welfare workers to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- Fatal accident restricts travel on I-8 West in Arizona
- Road work on I-17 takes Phoenix drivers by surprise, creates traffic jam