HATFIELD, Mass. (AP) - Massachusetts state police say they've stopped a car carrying 1,250 packets of heroin stamped "Obamacare" and "Kurt Cobain" and arrested the four people inside it.
Police say a trooper was making a traffic stop in Northampton when another car passed and he noticed several violations. He stopped the car a short time later in nearby Hatfield and found the driver wasn't licensed to drive it. A state police dog found the bags of heroin.
The four arrested people have been charged with heroin trafficking.
State police Lt. Daniel Richard says it's not unusual for heroin to be stamped with numbers, words or symbols to identify who's selling it. But he says the "Obamacare" stamp is one he hadn't heard of.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- What's hot in Arizona hospitality this year? Experts share 2015 trends
- Man dies after being shot in central Phoenix; suspect on the loose
- Phoenix awaits rain after Northern Arizona hit with snow, rain;
- Goldwater report: Arizona has among most burdensome licensing requirements in US
- National survey sheds light on coffee consumption trends