HATFIELD, Mass. (AP) - Massachusetts state police say they've stopped a car carrying 1,250 packets of heroin stamped "Obamacare" and "Kurt Cobain" and arrested the four people inside it.
Police say a trooper was making a traffic stop in Northampton when another car passed and he noticed several violations. He stopped the car a short time later in nearby Hatfield and found the driver wasn't licensed to drive it. A state police dog found the bags of heroin.
The four arrested people have been charged with heroin trafficking.
State police Lt. Daniel Richard says it's not unusual for heroin to be stamped with numbers, words or symbols to identify who's selling it. But he says the "Obamacare" stamp is one he hadn't heard of.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Phoenix woman gets air conditioning for first time in 18 years
- Phoenix drops initiative to install parking meters at popular trailheads
- Inmate accused of killing brother heard voices before allegedly killing cellmate
- Sky Harbor puts damper on Sun Devils' fireworks
- Big house, big price tag on 'Big Unit' Randy Johnson's house