LONDON (AP) - Wool's wool is missing.
Police in southwest England appealed for help Tuesday in tracking down thieves who made off with 160 sheep from a field near the village of Wool.
Police say the sheep were stolen between Saturday and Monday, and that the thieves would have needed a large vehicle to move the woolly haul.
Constable Adam Taylor says all of the sheep were electronically tagged.
He is urging anyone who has witnessed suspicious activity- or been offered sheep "in unusual circumstances or for very low prices"- to come forward.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Where to celebrate National Cheeseburger Day in the Valley
- Military veteran on cross-country walk arrives in Phoenix
- Arizona GOP replaces Russell Pearce as top leader
- Could the Milwaukee Brewers move spring training home to Peoria?
- Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Dwyer arrested on domestic violence charges