LONDON (AP) - Wool's wool is missing.
Police in southwest England appealed for help Tuesday in tracking down thieves who made off with 160 sheep from a field near the village of Wool.
Police say the sheep were stolen between Saturday and Monday, and that the thieves would have needed a large vehicle to move the woolly haul.
Constable Adam Taylor says all of the sheep were electronically tagged.
He is urging anyone who has witnessed suspicious activity- or been offered sheep "in unusual circumstances or for very low prices"- to come forward.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Tempe police searching for two involved in shooting
- American shoppers will avoid stores affected by data breaches this holiday season
- Shop owners: Tempe ban on e-smoking in public spots not hurting business
- Guns, Giffords play big role in Arizona House race
- Council working to help Valley veterans with mental health issues