LONDON (AP) - Wool's wool is missing.
Police in southwest England appealed for help Tuesday in tracking down thieves who made off with 160 sheep from a field near the village of Wool.
Police say the sheep were stolen between Saturday and Monday, and that the thieves would have needed a large vehicle to move the woolly haul.
Constable Adam Taylor says all of the sheep were electronically tagged.
He is urging anyone who has witnessed suspicious activity- or been offered sheep "in unusual circumstances or for very low prices"- to come forward.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Maricopa County clerk transfers to avoid issuing same-sex marriage licenses
- Hundreds take part in Phoenix 'apple crunch' for healthy food
- Grand Canyon University set to renovate Maryvale Municipal Golf Course
- Undead rising: Over 10,000 expected at Zombie Walk 6 in Phoenix
- DuVal calls Ducey 'most anti-public education candidate for governor in my lifetime'