AMHERST, Mass. (AP) - It took a lot less than Kryptonite to fell this Man of Steel.
Police in Massachusetts tell the Daily Hampshire Gazette ( http://bit.ly/1ctDRz8) that a man dressed in a Superman costume was treated for a head injury after being punched in the face late Wednesday night, apparently when he refused to get out of the way of a motorist trying to enter the driveway of a home.
Amherst Detective Richard MacLean says witnesses told investigators that Superman, who was not identified but said to be of college age, had been trying to stir up trouble in the area.
Police say the man was knocked to the sidewalk by the punch. He was taken to a hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
The encounter remains under investigation.
Information from: Daily Hampshire Gazette (Northampton, Mass.), http://www.gazettenet.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Large solar plant to be built in Florence, produce power for SRP
- New Arizona program offered for autistic adults
- Web development boot camps being offered in Phoenix
- It's official: Katy Perry will perform at Super Bowl halftime show
- Foreign students in U.S. in record numbers; Arizona a leading destination