DANIA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - South Florida firefighters came to the rescue of a dog that traveled 5 miles while trapped under the hood of a car.
The Broward Sheriff's Office says firefighters were called Thursday afternoon to Dania Beach to free the dog. The animal had been trapped between the car's axle and steering mechanism.
A sheriff's office spokesman says the dog suffered no injuries, even though it had been driven roughly 5 miles from Hallandale Beach.
It wasn't immediately clear how the dog became trapped.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- No smoke and mirrors: Phoenix officially gets first smoke-free park
- Sen. Ted Cruz to make presidential campaign stop in Phoenix
- Hit the slopes: Arizona Snowbowl to get new ski lift, trail improvements
- Phoenix woman charged with daughter's abduction after 25 years
- Driver in fatal Interstate 17 crash charged with murder