DANIA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - South Florida firefighters came to the rescue of a dog that traveled 5 miles while trapped under the hood of a car.
The Broward Sheriff's Office says firefighters were called Thursday afternoon to Dania Beach to free the dog. The animal had been trapped between the car's axle and steering mechanism.
A sheriff's office spokesman says the dog suffered no injuries, even though it had been driven roughly 5 miles from Hallandale Beach.
It wasn't immediately clear how the dog became trapped.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Arizona tribes move toward legalizing recreational pot use
- Snowflake named best city in Arizona for young families
- Teens use the Internet a lot, sometimes to interact with their parents
- Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio faces contempt hearing in profiling case
- Chase Bank replacing tellers with more ATMs in Arizona