DANIA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - South Florida firefighters came to the rescue of a dog that traveled 5 miles while trapped under the hood of a car.
The Broward Sheriff's Office says firefighters were called Thursday afternoon to Dania Beach to free the dog. The animal had been trapped between the car's axle and steering mechanism.
A sheriff's office spokesman says the dog suffered no injuries, even though it had been driven roughly 5 miles from Hallandale Beach.
It wasn't immediately clear how the dog became trapped.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Looking back: A timeline of the Jodi Arias murder case
- The personal and economic benefits of delaying retirement
- Going up? Enterprising team of ASU graduates still working on their elevating wheelchair
- Ducey, Duval share priorities, differences for approaching immigration
- Missing Phoenix-area woman found safe in desert