ARANSAS PASS, Texas (AP) - A South Texas police officer had to deal with some unexpected monkey business as he wrote a speeding ticket.
A pet monkey bit Aransas (uh-RAN'-zuhs) Pass Officer Keith Moore on the hand in an attack captured on videotape.
KRIS-TV in Corpus Christi reported Thursday ( http://bit.ly/14b9fO0) that Moore had a video camera on his glasses during the traffic stop.
Moore is seen handing the driver something to sign when a monkey leaps from the back seat, bares its teeth and bites the officer's right hand.
Moore says the monkey "came out of nowhere" during Wednesday's incident. The bite left a mark, but the 21-year-old officer was not hurt otherwise.
The trained monkey makes appearances at carnivals and other entertainment events.
Watch the video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?vXGXcNI-xhAQ
Information from: KRIS-TV, http://www.kristv.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- State probe found Tucson emergency room ignored some patients
- 2 more die in Laughlin plane crash, pushing death toll to 3
- Man shot, killed by police after opening fire near eastern Arizona temple
- California man killed in Eloy, Ariz., skydiving accident
- Fallen Mesa soldier honored in President Obama's weekly address