CLEVELAND (AP) - A cat caring for four newborn kittens is nursing an orphaned week-old pit bull puppy in Cleveland.
Sharon Harvey of the Cleveland Animal Protective League said Wednesday that Lurlene the cat welcomed Noland the puppy to her "unusual little family." The puppy was dropped off at the animal shelter last week when he was a day old.
The staff decided to place Noland with the nursing cat and her litter because bottle feeding doesn't always work.
The puppy will grow faster, so the shelter says it may have to come up with another feeding idea in several weeks until Noland is ready for adoption.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- EXCLUSIVE: Tempe teacher accused of inappropriate behavior with student
- Phoenix police officer recognized for work with disabled community
- Three Arizona colleges among worst in America
- Remains of Arizona pilot killed in WWII returned to Prescott
- Looking back: A timeline of the Jodi Arias murder case