MIDLAND, Texas (AP) - A brutal storm system that brought 19 inches of snow to some areas of West Texas has delivered something entirely different to one homeowner.
Winds in excess of 60 mph that accompanied Monday's blizzard pushed hundreds of tumbleweeds against a Midland home.
KWES-TV of Odessa and Midland reports ( http://bit.ly/YYtSt2) one side of Josh Pitman's home is obscured by tumbleweeds stacked one atop the other, blocking some doorways.
Pitman says he recently tore down a fence that would have protected his home from the rambling weeds.
He says it's the "most ridiculous thing" he's ever seen.
He expects to spend the rest of the week clearing away the tumbleweeds.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Company seeks rights to names of iconic Grand Canyon lodges
- Some Arizona employees work with children despite fingerprint-check delays
- 2nd arraignment set for Arizona Cardinals player accused of assault
- Hit the best bars, restaurants, happy hours along Phoenix's light rail
- Super Bowl XLIX will be a green event, according to SRP