MIDLAND, Texas (AP) - A brutal storm system that brought 19 inches of snow to some areas of West Texas has delivered something entirely different to one homeowner.
Winds in excess of 60 mph that accompanied Monday's blizzard pushed hundreds of tumbleweeds against a Midland home.
KWES-TV of Odessa and Midland reports ( http://bit.ly/YYtSt2) one side of Josh Pitman's home is obscured by tumbleweeds stacked one atop the other, blocking some doorways.
Pitman says he recently tore down a fence that would have protected his home from the rambling weeds.
He says it's the "most ridiculous thing" he's ever seen.
He expects to spend the rest of the week clearing away the tumbleweeds.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Bisbee home engulfed in Thanksgiving day fire
- Man dies in Tempe Mill Avenue shooting; 2 suspects sought
- Tempe mayor pushes for 'dementia-friendly' city
- Ahwatukee man falls ill, tests negative for Ebola after returning from Sierra Leone
- Former Arizona DOC officer arrested on suspicion of sexual assault