VIENNA (AP) - Like anywhere, dozing off behind the wheel in Austria can be deadly. But for one teen-ager it will likely result in a charge of attempted car theft.
State broadcaster ORF cites police saying they are have identified a 17-year-old male as the likely suspect after a woman found her vehicle partially hot-wired, a door forced open and a youth apparently drunk and fast asleep inside.
ORF said Tuesday the unnamed culprit rewired the vehicle to its normal state and walked off after being discovered Sunday. He was traced after the owner reported the incident to police.
A policeman in Salzburg province confirmed the incident on the phone. He refused to identify both himself and those involved.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- 'Waters of US' rule does little to settle feud over EPA reach on regulations
- Phoenix man accused of sex assault on quadriplegic woman
- Leak of juror identities in Jodi Arias trial can't be pinpointed
- Feds seek records on Sheriff Arpaio's investigation involving judge
- Hundreds attend protest outside of Phoenix mosque; no arrests made