GETTYSBURG, Pa. (AP) - Police in Pennsylvania say a student's report of a gunshot being fired was instead the sound of a newspaper hitting the sidewalk.
Gettysburg police Chief Joseph Dougherty says a Gettysburg College student had reported that someone in a white sedan fired a shot early Saturday morning. But Dougherty says police investigated and determined the sound came from a newspaper delivery driver throwing a paper from her vehicle.
After the report, the college alerted students and employees via text messages, voicemails and emails. A college spokeswoman says an all-clear message was sent around 8:30 a.m.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Arizona recycling truck driver saves kitten from the trash
- Wallace and Ladmo Foundation formed; McMahon reveals secret to Ladmo Bag giveaways
- Phoenix police officer won't face charges in fatal shooting of Rumain Brisbon
- Arizona Rep. J.D. Mesnard hospitalized for severe migraine
- Arizona Senate revives effort to meet REAL ID standards