GETTYSBURG, Pa. (AP) - Police in Pennsylvania say a student's report of a gunshot being fired was instead the sound of a newspaper hitting the sidewalk.
Gettysburg police Chief Joseph Dougherty says a Gettysburg College student had reported that someone in a white sedan fired a shot early Saturday morning. But Dougherty says police investigated and determined the sound came from a newspaper delivery driver throwing a paper from her vehicle.
After the report, the college alerted students and employees via text messages, voicemails and emails. A college spokeswoman says an all-clear message was sent around 8:30 a.m.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Arizona in middle of pack in list of America's booziest states
- Working it: Should retailers open on Thanksgiving Day?
- Arizona governor-elect Doug Ducey helps pack last-minute Thanksgiving supplies
- Thunderbirds Charities donates $50,000 to St. Mary's Food Bank
- Phoenix Zoo serves up Thanksgiving dinner for some of its residents