GEORGE TOWN, Cayman Islands (AP) - Police in the Cayman Islands say a woman drove off an intruder by biting him. It cost her a tooth, though.
Police Chief Inspector Robert Scotland says the woman was home alone when she woke up to find a man standing over her bed. Scotland told The Associated Press on Friday that the woman bit the intruder when he put his hand over her mouth. He then fled.
He said the woman was treated at a hospital and that police are still looking for the intruder.
The incident occurred early Thursday in the northwest part of Grand Cayman.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Construction at Sky Harbor beginning Monday could impact motorists
- Phoenix ranks as one of the nation's most affordable cities for renters
- West Virginia is home to three of the fattest cities in the U.S.
- Valley-area beer entrepreneurs look to streamline process for aspiring home brewers
- Scottsdale restaurant makes the list of best tapas eateries