CINCINNATI (AP) - An Ohio high school has canceled its prom to punish students for a prank: a massive water balloon fight at lunch.
The Cincinnati Enquirer ( http://cin.ci/Xszo65) reports the principal of Withrow High School in Cincinnati says students used social media last month to plan the prank.
Principal Sharon Johnson says staff found out and tried to prevent it. She made announcements the day of the planned prank, warning students the prom would be canceled if they had the balloon fight. School officials were concerned over safety.
But about 150 to 175 students went ahead with it. Johnson says there was water everywhere and some students were upset and slipping and falling.
Johnson says she had received only a few phone calls from upset parents.
Information from: The Cincinnati Enquirer, http://www.enquirer.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Rare hail storm hits California's Huntington Beach
- Arizona House gives tentative OK to let guns in public buildings
- Arizona House gives tentative OK to push out medicinal pot growers
- Arizona Diamondbacks ranked No. 1 sports organization to work for
- Storm brings snowfall in Northern Arizona, rain in Phoenix