SIDNEY, Ohio (AP) - Authorities in Ohio say a pocket-dialing prowler got himself arrested after his cellphone turned informant. Twice.
Investigators say an emergency operator traced an accidental 911 call on Tuesday night to a home in Sidney, about 60 miles northwest of Columbus.
Shelby County sheriff's deputies dispatched to check on the house found a window forced open. They arrested Douglas Wolaver, of Piqua, inside.
The sheriff's office says Wolaver was found in a bathroom after his phone's low-battery alert led deputies to his hiding place.
Wolaver is charged with breaking and entering. A phone listing for him was disconnected.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Tucson mail processing center gets reprieve from planned July closure
- Group to hold anti-Muslim protest outside of Phoenix mosque
- Lockheed Martin, Honeywell offer simulated ride on F-35 fighter jet
- Phoenix lawmaker wants testing for parents of drug-exposed babies
- Both Arizona children eliminated from Scripps National Spelling Bee