NEW YORK (AP) - A long overdue book has finally been returned to the New York Public Library- 55 years late.
The Daily News ( http://nydn.us/UwbR9z) says the biography of a 16th-century priest called "Fire of Francis Xavier" was checked out of the Fort Washington branch in upper Manhattan on April 10, 1958.
Library manager Jennifer Zarr tells the newspaper the book arrived at the library on Monday wrapped in a plain brown envelope with a check for $100 to cover the dues inside.
She says library records don't go back to 1958 and there's no way to trace who borrowed the book. She won't reveal the name on the check.
Information from: Daily News, http://www.nydailynews.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Expecting mothers with military ties honored with baby shower at WM Phoenix Open
- Kids at Phoenix Children's Hospital get special visit from former NFL head coach
- Officer involved shooting at Motel 6 in Phoenix
- Phoenix eatery cracks top 10 in Yelp's best 100 places to eat
- Arizona education boss Diane Douglas faces Common Core supporters on board