NEW YORK (AP) - A long overdue book has finally been returned to the New York Public Library- 55 years late.
The Daily News ( http://nydn.us/UwbR9z) says the biography of a 16th-century priest called "Fire of Francis Xavier" was checked out of the Fort Washington branch in upper Manhattan on April 10, 1958.
Library manager Jennifer Zarr tells the newspaper the book arrived at the library on Monday wrapped in a plain brown envelope with a check for $100 to cover the dues inside.
She says library records don't go back to 1958 and there's no way to trace who borrowed the book. She won't reveal the name on the check.
Information from: Daily News, http://www.nydailynews.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- 25-year-old man dies after fall on Phoenix's Camelback Mountain
- Gilbert high school students, alumni working to help security guard fix flooded home
- Census data: Poverty slipped in Arizona, but minorities continue to get hit hardest
- Former Phoenix Suns player Rex Chapman arrested for shoplifting in Scottsdale
- You Said: New measures won't discourage Arizona panhandlers