ASPEN, Colo. (AP) - Aspen city council members are considering a 14 mph speed limit in a residential area of the Colorado mountain town in attempt to get the attention of drivers and have them slow down.
Residents say few drivers are obeying the current 25 mph speed limit and are ignoring other efforts to protect people.
The Aspen Times ( http://tinyurl.com/9wlktaz) reports Mayor Mick Ireland suggested an 18 mph limit because the number is out of the ordinary for a speed limit. After further discussion, council members decided to drop the proposed limit down to 14 mph.
Information from: The Aspen Times, http://www.aspentimes.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Veterans posting signs to help guard against PTSD on Fourth of July
- Everybody in! Sedona resort listed among amazing outdoor hotel pools
- 6 guards hurt breaking up fight in Arizona prison
- Bodies of missing Arizona couple found, man in custody
- Bang for buck: Prescott college gives Arizona students best investment return