OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) - The California Highway Patrol is trying to locate a group of drivers who briefly shut down part of a San Francisco Bay area freeway while they performed stunts in the middle of the road.
Sgt. Rob Barrera said Monday that the CHP is confident that someone will be prosecuted for the brazen sideshow that stopped traffic on Interstate 880 near the Oakland Coliseum on Saturday afternoon. Barrera declined additional comment.
Video clips show at least a half-dozen cars peeling out from the shoulder and doing doughnuts in the road while other vehicles stack up behind the demonstration.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- 2 die in head-on collision on US 93 in western Arizona
- Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Dwyer gets probation in domestic-abuse case
- John McCain calls protesters 'scum' during Senate committee hearing
- FAA bans hobby drones flying near Super Bowl
- Advocacy groups urging parents to secure TVs during Super Bowl parties, avoid injuries