SAN DIEGO (AP) - A Marine Corps spokesman says a bucket of cleaning solution fell from a military helicopter and smashed through the roof of a San Diego business, but nobody was hurt.
KGTV-TV ( http://bit.ly/10hS9zH) says the accident happened Wednesday evening near the Miramar air station.
Lt. Tyler Balzer says the 5-gallon bucket of cleaning solution was strapped down inside an Osprey but it somehow came loose and slid out shortly after the chopper took off from Miramar.
The bucket plunged through the roof of a closed auto shop and clipped a motorhome.
A half-dozen vehicles were splashed with the watery solution.
Balzer says the shop owners can file a claim with the Marine Corps for restitution.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Governor-elect Ducey rooting for ASU to beat UA in Territorial Cup
- Phoenix weather reaches 2 milestones on Thanksgiving
- Fun things to do with the whole family over Thanksgiving weekend
- Ducey defers to Brewer on driver's licenses for Dreamers
- Musicians dominate Forbes list of highest-earning celebrities under 30