SAN DIEGO (AP) - A Marine Corps spokesman says a bucket of cleaning solution fell from a military helicopter and smashed through the roof of a San Diego business, but nobody was hurt.
KGTV-TV ( http://bit.ly/10hS9zH) says the accident happened Wednesday evening near the Miramar air station.
Lt. Tyler Balzer says the 5-gallon bucket of cleaning solution was strapped down inside an Osprey but it somehow came loose and slid out shortly after the chopper took off from Miramar.
The bucket plunged through the roof of a closed auto shop and clipped a motorhome.
A half-dozen vehicles were splashed with the watery solution.
Balzer says the shop owners can file a claim with the Marine Corps for restitution.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Super Bowl Host Committee rewards Phoenix high school with new football field
- Doug Ducey, Fred DuVal wrangle in 4th Arizona governor's debate
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know
- Dozens of possible jurors rejected in Arias case
- Thousands of Arizonans told to pay taxes for online cigarette purchases