PITTSBURGH (AP) - A Pennsylvania detective is trying to figure out how an apparent prankster was able to fill out a 2008 voter registration card signed "Barack H. Obama."
By the time Butler County elections officials processed the card, it went into the state's computerized database with the last name "Obana"- that is, with an `n' in place of the `m.' But a detective tells The Associated Press that whoever did it was clearly trying to register using President Barack Obama's name.
The card was discovered last week when a jury commissioner in the county north of Pittsburgh was compiling a role of potential jurors which, in Pennsylvania, can be drawn from voter registration lists.
Detective Scott Roskovski says nobody voted using the bogus voter registration card, though filling it out falsely could be a felony.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- New patrol cars will be part of Highway Patrol's DUI enforcement
- Veterans posting signs to help guard against PTSD on Fourth of July
- Everybody in! Sedona resort listed among amazing outdoor hotel pools
- 6 guards hurt breaking up fight in Arizona prison
- Bodies of missing Arizona couple found, man in custody