AMSTERDAM (AP) - Was it the fish?
An estimated 230 University of Amsterdam professors or their spouses got violently ill last week after the school's annual faculty party. Spokesman Joost van Tilburg said food poisoning was believed to be the cause.
He says the professors' distress "mostly involved stomach problems."
Some 400 people attended the party.
The results of an investigation by health authorities are due Thursday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Northwest Christian School claims highest enrollment of Phoenix private schools
- Gender plays role in type, severity of teen vehicle crashes, study says
- Memorial Day weekend DUI arrests in Arizona up from 2013
- Motorcyclist dies while in Mohave County custody
- Missing partygoer found alive near Lake Pleasant marina