AMSTERDAM (AP) - Was it the fish?
An estimated 230 University of Amsterdam professors or their spouses got violently ill last week after the school's annual faculty party. Spokesman Joost van Tilburg said food poisoning was believed to be the cause.
He says the professors' distress "mostly involved stomach problems."
Some 400 people attended the party.
The results of an investigation by health authorities are due Thursday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Super ads entertain viewers during Super Bowl XLIX
- Celebrities, athletes highlight 'Party with a Purpose' Super Bowl event in Scottsdale
- Fog rolls into Valley after rainy start to Super Bowl Weekend
- Arizona Girl Scouts set new Guinness World Record for cookie sales
- Anti-immigration fliers posted around ASU's Tempe campus