AMSTERDAM (AP) - Was it the fish?
An estimated 230 University of Amsterdam professors or their spouses got violently ill last week after the school's annual faculty party. Spokesman Joost van Tilburg said food poisoning was believed to be the cause.
He says the professors' distress "mostly involved stomach problems."
Some 400 people attended the party.
The results of an investigation by health authorities are due Thursday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- The oddest moments of the Jodi Arias trial
- Border agents haul in nearly $2M worth of marijuana in semitrailer
- Arizona state parks still benefiting from federal shutdown
- Mesa police, Phoenix shelter team up to end domestic violence
- Tempe city council could make it easier to open up businesses in old buildings