AMSTERDAM (AP) - Was it the fish?
An estimated 230 University of Amsterdam professors or their spouses got violently ill last week after the school's annual faculty party. Spokesman Joost van Tilburg said food poisoning was believed to be the cause.
He says the professors' distress "mostly involved stomach problems."
Some 400 people attended the party.
The results of an investigation by health authorities are due Thursday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Phoenix restaurant makes Food Network's best mac-and-cheese list
- Companies 'adopt' rooms at Mesa Ronald McDonald House
- Oakland Athletics show off new training facilities in Mesa
- Educators, police meet to discuss school security at Phoenix seminar
- How to protect yourself and your family from enterovirus