SAN DIEGO (AP) - A sunset wedding ceremony aboard a hot air balloon got off to a bumpy start when a gust of wind forced the pilot to make a crash landing in the yard of a San Diego home.
San Diego Fire-Rescue Department spokesman Maurice Luque says one of the 14 people onboard suffered a minor back injury Monday.
The marrying couple told KGTV ( http://bit.ly/WqHlaV) the gust caught the balloon just after they exchanged their vows, causing it to sway over the Rancho Penasquitos neighborhood.
The landing on a hillside fence behind the house was filmed by a member of the wedding party. Video showed the blue-and-yellow balloon draped over trees near the house afterward.
The couple continued to their reception.
Information from: KGTV-TV, http://www.10news.com/index.html
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- ADOT sends letters to homeowners in path of proposed Loop 202 expansion
- Same-sex marriage ruling could boost economy in Arizona
- Gay-rights advocate calls Arizona same-sex marriage ruling a dream come true
- Proposition 122 aims to allow state to reject certain federal laws, rules
- Police identify 2 men killed in highway pileup near Lake Pleasant