AMSTERDAM (AP) - What are the odds?
A 76-year-old man trapped himself in an underground waste paper container in Amsterdam after he clambered in to hunt for a lottery ticket.
Police said in a statement the elderly man managed to open the container and climb in Thursday because he feared he had tossed out a lottery ticket along with other used paper.
Passers-by heard him calling for help and alerted the police who freed him with the help of firefighters.
The bad news? The man didn't find his lottery ticket.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Family of Phoenix man suspected in Texas shooting issues statement
- Accused Texas gunman well-known to FBI before attack
- Sports leaders say commission, state fund could help Arizona with mega events
- TicketCity Cactus Bowl will move to Chase Field for next 3 seasons
- Family argument turns deadly in Phoenix, suspect on the run