AMSTERDAM (AP) - What are the odds?
A 76-year-old man trapped himself in an underground waste paper container in Amsterdam after he clambered in to hunt for a lottery ticket.
Police said in a statement the elderly man managed to open the container and climb in Thursday because he feared he had tossed out a lottery ticket along with other used paper.
Passers-by heard him calling for help and alerted the police who freed him with the help of firefighters.
The bad news? The man didn't find his lottery ticket.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Man contracts measels from Arizona family who went to Disneyland
- Security procedures at the Phoenix Open: What you need to know
- House GOP moves toward possible lawsuit on immigration
- Customs officers haul in almost $300K in drugs at Arizona border
- Uber, pedicabs restricted at Waste Management Phoenix Open