KINGVALE, Calif. (AP) - Finding a lost wedding ring along a snowy highway is hard enough. But a Good Samaritan in Northern California also has to track down the man it belongs to.
Douglas Benedetti says he met the man but doesn't know his name or phone number.
Benedetti says the man was searching for the ring on the shoulder of Interstate 80 near Kingvale in the Sierra earlier this month. He told Benedetti he'd lost the ring while putting chains on his vehicle.
Benedetti, who installs chains for people on the highway, decided to return to the area hours after the man left. After a little less than an hour of searching, he came across the ring in the snow next to a semi-truck.
Benedetti wants to return the ring. But all he has to go on is its inscription: "Lisa, 5th June, 2010."
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Valley street makes list of 'America's Best' for Christmas lights
- Mexican woman wins $25K from Arizona county in immigration lawsuit
- Phoenix to ceremonially add Martin Luther King Jr.'s name to Broadway Road
- Phoenix city leaders react to Chief Daniel Garcia's firing
- Phoenix Police Chief Daniel Garcia fired after asking for contract