VIENNA (AP) - A tiny pony is back at its Austrian circus home more than a week after apparently being kidnapped by a woman who wanted to give her sick daughter a Christmas surprise.
Fridolin the pony, who is only about 2 feet (60 centimeters) tall, went missing from the Vienna Christmas Circus early last week. He was found near a Vienna bus stop Wednesday.
Circus director Adolf Lauenburger told the Austria Press Agency Thursday that a woman called the circus and told officials where to find the pony. She said her daughter wanted a circus pony and she'd taken him to fulfill the girl's wishes for Christmas- but decided she couldn't keep the animal.
Lauenburger wasn't able to identify the woman. Police were looking into the matter.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Maricopa County inmate's family sues over death while in jail
- Superintendent candidates present strikingly different visions for Common Core
- Camera coverage denied in Bullhead City kidnapping, homicide case
- 32 light poles in Tempe stripped of copper wiring; suspects sought
- Scottsdale woman accused of abusing her daughters