VIENNA (AP) - A tiny pony is back at its Austrian circus home more than a week after apparently being kidnapped by a woman who wanted to give her sick daughter a Christmas surprise.
Fridolin the pony, who is only about 2 feet (60 centimeters) tall, went missing from the Vienna Christmas Circus early last week. He was found near a Vienna bus stop Wednesday.
Circus director Adolf Lauenburger told the Austria Press Agency Thursday that a woman called the circus and told officials where to find the pony. She said her daughter wanted a circus pony and she'd taken him to fulfill the girl's wishes for Christmas- but decided she couldn't keep the animal.
Lauenburger wasn't able to identify the woman. Police were looking into the matter.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Accused Texas gunman well-known to FBI before attack
- Sports leaders say commission, state fund could help Arizona with mega events
- TicketCity Cactus Bowl will move to Chase Field for next 3 seasons
- Family argument turns deadly in Phoenix, suspect on the run
- Cave Creek man accused of manslaughter in a fatal crash