PORTALES, N.M. (AP) - University officials say a New Mexico college graduate, apparently feeling guilty over a student prank years ago, has sent a box of toilet paper to repay the school for loot taken from a dormitory.
Eastern New Mexico University says it received the yuletide gift box this week along with a Christmas card and written apology.
The box contained five packages of 16 rolls of two-ply, septic-safe tissue for a total of 80 rolls.
The anonymous writer apologized for stealing bathroom tissue years ago and said a new dedication to Christian faith led to the deed.
It was unclear whether the gift itself was a prank. But university officials say "all is forgiven."
The toilet paper is being donating to a nearby charity because it doesn't fit the school's dispensers.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Motorcyclist dies while in Mohave County custody
- Search underway on Lake Pleasant for missing boater
- New study finds the Southwest might be facing 'megadrought'
- How they compare: Austin, Phoenix two of the fastest-growing cities in the US
- Super Bowl Committee CEO: Issues with Glendale need to be resolved