NEW YORK (AP) - New York City can be like a zoo sometimes, but a zebra running wild through the streets is not something you ordinarily see.
The Staten Island Advance reports ( http://bit.ly/Yr7soL) a zebra and a miniature horse were spotted trotting through a shopping center parking lot Wednesday morning in Staten Island.
Metropolitan Drape & Blind owner Zachary Osher saw the runaway equines and shared his video with the newspaper. He says the animals ran down a street and narrowly escaped being hit by a car. He says two men in dark suits ran after them with lassoes.
A police spokesman says the animals were corralled and returned to a petting zoo.
Information from: Staten Island Advance, http://www.silive.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Construction at Sky Harbor beginning Monday could impact motorists
- Phoenix ranks as one of the nation's most affordable cities for renters
- West Virginia is home to three of the fattest cities in the U.S.
- Valley-area beer entrepreneurs look to streamline process for aspiring home brewers
- Scottsdale restaurant makes the list of best tapas eateries