SYDNEY (AP) - Australian police seized 237 million Australian dollars ($246 million) worth of cocaine and methamphetamine found inside a steamroller shipped from China.
Australian Federal Police said Wednesday that they arrested a Canadian man and a U.S. man in Sydney after finding 350 kilograms (770 pounds) of cocaine and meth. The men were charged with importing drugs and face a maximum of life in prison if convicted.
It was the police agency's second major drug bust in a week. On Friday, police said officials had tracked down a boat carrying 200 kilograms (440 pounds) of cocaine to Australia after it ran aground in the small island nation of Tonga. A corpse was found on board. Officials are trying to determine the cause of death.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- North America's tallest single-family home for sale in Prescott, Ariz.
- Report: Arizona ranks as the 28th-most expensive state for car insurance
- Illegal border crossings down 28 percent according to Department of Homeland Security
- Glendale Police Department speaks out after Jerice Hunter's guilty verdict
- National women's tech conference selects Phoenix as host site