CHILI, N.Y. (AP) - Officials say a truck carrying nearly 40,000 pounds of frozen chicken went up in flames on its way to a supermarket in the New York town of Chili (CHEYE'-lye).
Fire officials tell the Democrat and Chronicle of Rochester ( http://on.rocne.ws/UzlUo0) that the truck was hauling chicken from Mississippi to the Wegmans Distribution Center just southwest of Rochester.
The truck driver wasn't injured. Part of the highway was closed early Friday while crews cleaned up.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- New patrol cars will be part of Highway Patrol's DUI enforcement
- Veterans posting signs to help guard against PTSD on Fourth of July
- Everybody in! Sedona resort listed among amazing outdoor hotel pools
- 6 guards hurt breaking up fight in Arizona prison
- Bodies of missing Arizona couple found, man in custody