CHILI, N.Y. (AP) - Officials say a truck carrying nearly 40,000 pounds of frozen chicken went up in flames on its way to a supermarket in the New York town of Chili (CHEYE'-lye).
Fire officials tell the Democrat and Chronicle of Rochester ( http://on.rocne.ws/UzlUo0) that the truck was hauling chicken from Mississippi to the Wegmans Distribution Center just southwest of Rochester.
The truck driver wasn't injured. Part of the highway was closed early Friday while crews cleaned up.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Arizona political leaders' response to Obama's executive action regarding immigration
- Amy Van Dyken-Rouen to light up Phoenix suburb at holiday display
- Open-air ice skating rinks to begin operation across Valley
- Report: Apple committed to Mesa, despite GT bankruptcy
- Arizona drivers paying $2.78 at the pumps as gas prices drop again