CHILI, N.Y. (AP) - Officials say a truck carrying nearly 40,000 pounds of frozen chicken went up in flames on its way to a supermarket in the New York town of Chili (CHEYE'-lye).
Fire officials tell the Democrat and Chronicle of Rochester ( http://on.rocne.ws/UzlUo0) that the truck was hauling chicken from Mississippi to the Wegmans Distribution Center just southwest of Rochester.
The truck driver wasn't injured. Part of the highway was closed early Friday while crews cleaned up.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Jury handed Jerice Hunter's fate in Jhessye Shockley trial
- How much money did Arizonans spend on lottery tickets in 2014?
- Things to know about Sheriff Joe Arpaio's contempt hearing
- Map shows illegal immigrants that died in Arizona desert since 2001
- Arizona-raised violinist Lindsey Stirling announces Phoenix concert