CHILI, N.Y. (AP) - Officials say a truck carrying nearly 40,000 pounds of frozen chicken went up in flames on its way to a supermarket in the New York town of Chili (CHEYE'-lye).
Fire officials tell the Democrat and Chronicle of Rochester ( http://on.rocne.ws/UzlUo0) that the truck was hauling chicken from Mississippi to the Wegmans Distribution Center just southwest of Rochester.
The truck driver wasn't injured. Part of the highway was closed early Friday while crews cleaned up.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Border agents haul in nearly $2M worth of marijuana in semitrailer
- Arizona state parks still benefiting from federal shutdown
- Mesa police, Phoenix shelter team up to end domestic violence
- Tempe city council could make it easier to open up businesses in old buildings
- Maricopa County inmate's family sues over death while in jail