PASO ROBLES, Calif. (AP) - A Central Coast candidate for mayor lost big this week.
Paso Robles write-in candidate Jeff Rougeot was arrested on Election Day for investigation of crimes that include felonies for making criminal threats and brandishing a firearm.
The 45-year-old car audio business owner remained in the San Luis Obispo County jail Thursday with bail at $1.1 million.
Besides the felonies, The Tribune of San Luis Obispo ( http://bit.ly/WFUWlx) says Rougeot was booked for investigation of four misdemeanors for driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol and four violations of a court order involving domestic violence.
Rougeot doesn't have an attorney of record, and a telephone call Thursday to his car stereo business rang unanswered.
Mayor Duane Picanco got 86 percent of the vote to easily defeat Rougeot and another candidate.
Information from: The Tribune, http://www.sanluisobispo.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Awarding Arizona: Sedona ranks in top 25 US destinations
- Trial set for Arizona woman accused of driving over spouse
- Tips for homeowners to keep properties safe during Arizona's wildfire season
- Closing of Greasewood Flat marks end of an era in Scottsdale
- Service signs continue to pop up along Valley freeways