UNION, Wash. (AP) - A flooding river covered a road in Washington, allowing some migrating salmon to swim across the pavement.
Video from KOMO-TV shows one salmon didn't make it Wednesday when it was caught by a dog that walked away with its catch near Union, about 40 miles southwest of Seattle.
The salmon-crossing-the-road scene is replayed nearly every year on the Skokomish (skoh-KOH'-mish) River. It frequently floods after heavy rain in the Olympic Mountains.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Phoenix-area boy lands voice role on cartoon miniseries
- Arizona country star Dierks Bentley to expand bar to Tempe
- 7 Arizona prison workers hurt in rollover accident
- Height of holidays: Tallest Christmas tree in nation arrives in Arizona
- Arizona company launches rideshare app, looks to rival Uber, Lyft