UNION, Wash. (AP) - A flooding river covered a road in Washington, allowing some migrating salmon to swim across the pavement.
Video from KOMO-TV shows one salmon didn't make it Wednesday when it was caught by a dog that walked away with its catch near Union, about 40 miles southwest of Seattle.
The salmon-crossing-the-road scene is replayed nearly every year on the Skokomish (skoh-KOH'-mish) River. It frequently floods after heavy rain in the Olympic Mountains.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Gov. Doug Ducey signs bill to give tax credits to Apple
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio called to deposition in contempt-of-court case
- Tempe officer kills domestic violence suspect after being stabbed
- Tucson district won't lose funds over ethnic studies courses
- Arizona House passes bill to make minor speeding tickets $15