UNION, Wash. (AP) - A flooding river covered a road in Washington, allowing some migrating salmon to swim across the pavement.
Video from KOMO-TV shows one salmon didn't make it Wednesday when it was caught by a dog that walked away with its catch near Union, about 40 miles southwest of Seattle.
The salmon-crossing-the-road scene is replayed nearly every year on the Skokomish (skoh-KOH'-mish) River. It frequently floods after heavy rain in the Olympic Mountains.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Arizona Stories
- Tucson mail processing center gets reprieve from planned July closure
- Group to hold anti-Muslim protest outside of Phoenix mosque
- Lockheed Martin, Honeywell offer simulated ride on F-35 fighter jet
- Phoenix lawmaker wants testing for parents of drug-exposed babies
- Both Arizona children eliminated from Scripps National Spelling Bee