NEW YORK (AP) -- Dozens of celebrities have helped fuel the success of the ice bucket challenge for ALS. Here are some examples:
• Rocker Dave Grohl and his band, The Foo Fighters, spoofed the blood dump scene from the horror movie "Carrie."
• Actor James Franco, who seems to enjoy provoking conversation, took his ice bucket challenge wearing only a T-shirt.
• Kermit the Frog, not to be outdone by James Franco, declared he was the first to take the ice bucket challenge in the buff.
• Vogue editor Anna Wintour ditched her steely image to get her hair wet. Well, a little wet, anyway.
• Tom Cruise, who never seems to back down from a challenge, sat through not one but eight buckets of water being dumped on his head.
• Gabrielle Union tried to take the challenge wearing a shower cap to protect her hair, but someone off-camera pulls it off before she gets doused in water.
• Lindsay Lohan reached high when she took the challenge by nominating Prince Harry to join in. So far, no word from the royal.
In one of the funniest, Brit star Benedict Cumberbatch accepts the challenge, then is attacked randomly multiple times afterward.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.