KTAR's Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, businesses that are opening and events across the community. Each weekday these stories air on KTAR at 7:27 a.m. More information can be found below.
• The top cities on the rise in Arizona may come as a surprise. According to nerdwallet.com, No. 1 is Florence. That's because its median income rose 15 percent from 2009 to 2012. The site also pointed out that the Pinal County town has a large construction project underway, which will allow for economic and engineering opportunities along the Gila River. Queen Creek, Surprise, Buckeye and Somerton in the Yuma Valley rounded out the top five.
• A groundbreaking ceremony takes place Tuesday for an apartment complex in Mesa. The El Rancho is funded in part by the city and the Mesa Arts Center. It's geared toward low-income families and offers below-market price housing. Local artists will also work with residents to create public art pieces. The four-story complex is located near Main Street and Horne.
• The City of Phoenix is hiring. Openings are for a tax auditor, engineering technician, detention officer and customer service representatives, among others.
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.