KTAR's Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, businesses that are opening and events across the community. Each weekday these stories air on KTAR at 7:27 a.m. More information can be found below.
• More than 50 area companies and employers are setting up shop at Rio Salado College's conference center Monday and Tuesday for an employment and career fair. There will be free resume writing and interview strategy sessions. The job fair, put on by Maricopa Community Colleges, runs 11 a.m.-3 p.m. both days.
• Scottsdale is laying out its case for Google fiber. The city met the criteria for initial infrastructure studies and is advancing in a process to lure the firm's ultra-high-speed fiber network. Google reps plan to meet next week with city officials as part of the next step in the process. The firm could decide by the end of the year whether to begin installation in Phoenix, Scottsdale and Tempe.
• The Valley's newest Papa Murphy's pizza location will do some giving back Monday. One-third of the day's sales at the 35th Avenue and Bethany Home Road location will be handed over to the 100 Club of Arizona.
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
Voice For A Better Arizona
- Family in Focus KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.