KTAR's Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, businesses that are opening and events across the community. Each weekday these stories air on KTAR at 7:27 a.m. More information can be found below.
• Phoenix Children's Hospital scored a top honor for its workplace environment. Becker's Healthcare, a monthly magazine, named the hospital one of the 150 greatest places to work in health care. The magazine used criteria including benefits and professional development opportunities. The John C. Lincoln Health Network and Casa Grande Regional Medical Center also made the list.
• More solar panels will be soaking up the sun in Pima County. Groundbreaking is set in the next several weeks for the 500-acre Avalon Solar project, with completion expected before the end of the year. The project is expected to create 300 construction jobs. Power generated from the solar farm will be sold to Tucson Electric.
• Planned Parenthood is holding several fitness classes as part of national Women's Health Week, which encourages women to make health a priority in their lives. The classes will be held at Funke Yoga in Scottsdale on Monday, Tuesday and Saturday. Class fee is $15.
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.