KTAR's Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, businesses that are opening and events across the community. Each weekday these stories air on KTAR at 7:27 a.m. More information can be found below.
• Phoenix Police officers will serve food Thursday night at an Outback Steakhouse to raise money for the Special Olympics. The third-annual Tip a Cop will be at the restaurant on Cactus Road east of Tatum Boulevard from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
• Rubio's Mexican Grill needs to hire 400 workers for its restaurants across the state. There will be a job fair Thursday at the restaurant at Bell Road and Tatum Boulevard from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. The grill needs managers, cooks and guest- service agents. There will be another job fair Saturday at 8:30 a.m. at the Rubio's on Ray Road near Arizona Avenue.
• Spring training was a success for the City of Glendale. They city said 202,000 more fans showed up at Camelback Ranch this season than last season. The Los Angeles Dodgers saw a 21 percent increase in attendance, while the Chicago White Sox saw an increase of 11 percent. Hotels in Glendale had an 89 percent occupancy rate, up 3 percent from last year.
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
Voice For A Better Arizona
- Family in Focus KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.