KTAR's Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, businesses that are opening and events across the community. Each weekday these stories air on KTAR at 7:27 a.m. More information on those stories can be found below.
• The Tempe Community Action Agency has opened a community farmers market. The Tempe Community Market accepts vouchers and checks distributed by the Arizona Farmers' Market Nutrition Program to low-income families. The market is on Mill Avenue just north of the Loop 202 Red Mountain Freeway.
• Spencer's TV and Appliance will announce the winner of a $10,000 shopping spree Friday as part of the grand-opening celebration of its 10th store. Spencer's has also given away a free flat-screen TV each week for the last 10 weeks as part of the celebration. The new store is near Tatum Boulevard and Thunderbird Road.
• The City of Phoenix and Grand Canyon University have announced an expansion of their partnership to improve public safety, prevent drownings and curb graffiti. The funding brings GCU's two-year community investment to about $1.4 million.
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.