KTAR's Road to Recovery focuses on local businesses that are hiring, businesses that are opening and events across the community. Each weekday Road to Recovery stories air on KTAR at 7:27 a.m. More information on those stories can be found below.
• A report by WalletHub listed Arizona as the 13th-best state to be a taxpayer. Arizonans pay an average of $6,057 a year in state and local taxes. That's 13 percent below the national average. Arizona also has the ninth-lowest tax rate on gas at 37.4 cents per gallon. Wyoming is the best state to live in as a taxpayer, shelling out just over $2,300 a year in state and local taxes.
• Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company is hiring for its Scottsdale office. Nationwide needs claims specialists, customer service representatives, mail clerks and auditors among other positions. Proper certification and experience in the field being applied to is required.
• Several Valley Smashburger locations are taking donations until April 3 for Phoenix Children's Hospital. Customers who donate at least $1 will be entered for chance at one of several prizes: free Smashburgers for a year, a $100 Visa gift card or a Smashburger goodie bag.
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.