WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Pentagon says Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl has now left Germany on board a U.S. military aircraft and will arrive at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas, early Friday morning.
Bergdahl, who has been recovering in Germany after five years as a Taliban captive, is returning to the United States, but he will not receive the promotion that would have been automatic had he still been held prisoner.
A U.S. official said Bergdahl would go directly to Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, arriving Friday.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Latest Arizona Stories
- Phoenix woman gets air conditioning for first time in 18 years
- Phoenix drops proposal to install parking meters at popular trailheads
- Inmate accused of killing brother heard voices before allegedly killing cellmate
- Sky Harbor puts damper on Sun Devils' fireworks
- Big house, big price tag on 'Big Unit' Randy Johnson's house