Mullen, a Boston-based advertising agency, recently posted a listing for a "director of operations" position at a company called Rehtom Inc., and the job requirements set the bar unfathomably high.
The job posting had its own site at Rehtom.net.
AdWeek reports that an estimated 2.7 million people saw the listing through various paid ad placements, but that only 24 people inquired.
Here is just a taste of the strenuous requirements for the position:
• Standing up almost all the time
• Constantly exerting yourself
• Working from 135 to unlimited hours per week
• Degrees in medicine, finance and culinary arts necessary
• No vacations
• The work load goes up on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and other holidays
• No time to sleep
• Salary = $0
The applicants all interviewed via webcam, and a video shows a compilation of their responses.
"If you had a life, we'd ask you to sort of give that life up," the interviewer says at one point in the video, which has already topped 4 million views on YouTube.
Most applicants shown in the clip don't take too well to what the job demands.
We won't give away the reveal, but let's just say that Rehtom Inc. isn't a real company, and that the video pays tribute to an upcoming holiday.