Couldn't this lady just hand out apples?
According to Valley News Live, a North Dakota woman plans to hand out notes to "semi-obese" kids instructing parents to control their candy intake.
The letter reminds parents of the adage that it takes a village to raise a child and the author, only identified as Cheryl, apparently feels that some "villagers" (a.k.a. neighbors) aren't feeding their kids a healthy enough diet.
You [sic] child is, in my opinion, moderately obese and should not be consuming sugar and treats to the extent of some children this Halloween season. My hope is that you will step up as a parent and ration candy this Halloween and not allow your child to continue these unhealthy eating habits.
Cheryl also called into a local radio station and said she feels it's irresponsible of parents to send overweight kids out for candy simply because "everyone else is doing it."
Um, happy Halloween?
Related Halloween Links
- KTAR's Fall Fun map
- AZ neighborhood upset by Halloween decor
- Foster: Be afraid on Halloween? Why?
- The truth about Halloween candy
- 'Zombies' swarm Tokyo Tower
- Woman: Parents should monitor kids' candy
- 6 'sexy' Halloween costume fails
- Tips to avoid Halloween hazards
- 21 terrifying PG movies
- 13 best celeb Halloween costumes
- Deals: Save money during Halloween week
- You've made it when you're a costume
- 11 bad classic horror film remakes
- 16 scary Halloween financial facts
- Deliciously disgusting Halloween treats
- 10 most unhealthy Halloween candies
- Evolution of horror movies: Why less is more
- Arizona man wins $25K for costume
- Tips to host a Halloween party on budget
- Tips, tricks for celebrating Halloween
- How to enjoy Halloween on a budget
- Crafts for Uncrafty: Gothic Halloween Wreath
- Be aware of non-permitted attractions