Updated Dec 2, 2013 - 1:06 pm
Alicia's Weekend Deals: My favorite Black Friday specials
Black Friday, the day many of us deal lovers have been waiting for all year, is almost here. If you time your night out right, you'll be able to do really well. I am wondering how the earlier start times will affect sales. Because of other family obligations, our extended family doesn't come over for Thanksgiving dinner until 4 p.m. There is no way we'll be ready to hit the stores at 5. Good thing for Cyber Monday!
Here are my top 5 tips when it comes to Black Friday shopping:
1. Plan your night in advance. Know when the stores you want to hit open and in what order you'll shop.
2. Make a list of what you're shopping for and stick to the "door busters" and hot deals! The stores offer amazing savings on a few items (often with few in stock) in hopes that you'll buy more gifts that aren't such a great deal.
3. Wear comfortable shoes. Once I didn't and I regretted it for a long time after.
4. Bring along your smart phone to double check that you're getting the best price available for each item you buy.
5. Keep your sense of humor! I love heading out on Black Friday because 98 percent of the people there are in great moods. If you don't get the door-buster you went for, don't get too bummed. Most likely, I'll find you a similar (or maybe even better) deal on dealsinaz.com. And don't forget about Cyber Monday!
On to the deals:
So many stores are opening on Thursday now they should really change the name to "Black Thursday." I thought I'd start with a store that is waiting until Friday to open!
Petsmart is opening at 7 a.m. on Friday. The first 100 people in line will get a FREE stocking filled with over $100 in coupons.
JCPenney is opening at 8 p.m. Thanksgiving night but if you stop by Friday at 4 a.m., you'll get a FREE snow globe.
Kohl's also opens at 8 p.m. Thanksgiving night. I love that you'll earn $15 Kohl's cash for every $50 you spend (good to spend at Kohl's later).
Here are my favorite deals to look out for at Kohl's:
1/4 carat diamond and sterling silver sideways cross necklace for $39.99 (usually $270).
Blu-Rays as low as $2.99 each.
Karaoke machine for $49.99 (usually $99.99).
My favorite deals in the ad:
Element 50-inch 1080p LED HDTV for $229.
Nikon camera for $99 (save $130).
Nintendo 3DS XL Game System for $149.99 (save $50).
iPad mini for $299 AND get a $75 Target git card.
The iPad Air is $479 and you get a $100 Target gift card.
RCA dual-screen portable DVD player for $69 (save $60).
Razor folding kick scooter for $19 (save $15).
Dyson DC24 Multifloor Vacuum for $259 (save $140).
Best Buy is opening Thanksgiving at 6 p.m. Here are the top deals I would be looking for (they leaked their ad too):
55″ LG 1080p LED HDTV for $499.99.
Apple iPad2 with Wi-Fi for $299.99 ($100 off).
Dell 15.6″ laptop for $177.99.
Wii U Black Friday Bundle for $319.97 ($50 off).
DVDs as low as $1.99.
My top deals:
32″ Class LED TV for $98.
60″ Vizio Smart LED TV for $688.
iPad Mini for $299 plus get a $100 Walmart gift card.
DVDs as low as $1.96.
20″ Hardside luggage for $25.
Graco travel system for $99.
At 8PM: Beats by Dr. Dre Solo Headphones for $114.95.
$4.50 select Rival appliances (waffle maker, mini chopper, mini dipper).
Better Homes and Gardens 700-thread count sheet sets are $24.96.
Toys R Us will open its doors at 5 p.m. Thursday for Black Friday! We'll probably be barely carving into our turkey.
If you can get there early, check out my top picks for deals (you can see the entire ad scan here).
Buy anything in store and spend $75 or more, get a coupon for $10 off your $10 purchase.
Deals from 5 to 9 p.m.
Furby Boom for $29.99 each.
LeapFrog Leap Pad 2 Explorer for $39.99 each.
Doc McStuffins Doctors Bag Set for $7.99.
Other deals good through Saturday:
Imaginarium 55-piece train set with table for $39.99.
Power Wheels Jeep Hurricane Ride-on for $299.99 ($150 off).
Little Tikes Cozy Coupe for $39.99.
Home Depot 45-Piece Power Tools set for $12.99.
All $14.99 and $19.99 Super Buy video games are buy one, get the second for $1.
Skylanders Giants Figures are buy one, get one free.
Up to 80 percent off storewide clearance.
Enjoy the deals! I hope to see you on Black Friday!
To sign up for the e-mail list, just enter your e-mail below! You can unsubscribe at any time! I send one e-mail a day with all of the best deals in town! Hopefully it brightens your day!!!
Helpful Money Saving Videos
Wallet Watchers Posts
- Alicia's Deals: End of summer sales
- Alicia's Deals: Target, Best Buy, Staples with back to school savings
- Alicia's Deals: Tons of great freebies and ways to get things cheap
- How we financed a family vacation and taught our kids the value of saving
- How to save hundreds on your family's cell phone bill