Register | Forgot Your Password? | Close
sandiego_twitter.jpg
(Twitter Photo/@CBS8)

A serviceman who shot a pellet gun at Naval Base Point Loma near San Diego was in custody on Thursday, after creating a emergency lockdown.

The base had been placed in partial lockdown because of unconfirmed reports of a possible gunman. Another serviceman was also detained.

A Navy spokesman said there had been no evidence of gunfire. Initial reports said gunshots were heard.

Naval Base Point Loma is home to the Third Fleet command and one of the major military facilities located in the San Diego area.

A base official said the shooter admitted he had fired from the barracks, where weapons aren't allowed. The two have not been identified.

The Associated Press contributed to this article.

KTAR.com,

share this story:
Attention KTAR.com Comment Users: We have recently changed our comments boards.
We would like you to be part of the conversation and The Voice of Arizona by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing KTAR (Arizona Sports) account members will need to create a Disqus account or use one of the aforementioned social media logins. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus