Propane leak was cause of Maine house explosion
BATH, Maine (AP) - The Maine fire marshal's office says a propane leak was to blame for a blast that leveled a two-unit apartment building and killed a woman.
Fire investigators say the leak was in the wall of the unit next to one where the woman's body was found in the rubble Tuesday in Bath. Investigators believe fumes seeped into a crawl space before being ignited from an unknown source.
The state medical examiner's office on Wednesday identified the woman as 64-year-old Dale Ann Fussell, who lived in the building. Four other people were taken to the hospital.
The blast flattened the building, awakened neighbors and scattered debris as far as a quarter mile away.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)