PHOENIX -- Some popular highways will be closed or have lane restrictions this weekend in the Valley, as the major Loop 101 road-widening project continues. Drivers should take alternate routes or plan for small delays as they pass construction zones.
• Southbound Loop 101 will close between Indian School and McKellips roads from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for freeway widening. Northbound Loop 101 also narrowed to two lanes near McKellips Road.
• Southbound Loop 101 will narrow to two lanes overnight between Mountain View Road and 90th Street from 10 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday for freeway widening. The southbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Shea Boulevard and southbound off-ramp at 90th Street will be closed.
• Westbound Interstate 10 will narrow to one lane overnight between Riggs and Queen Creek roads from 9 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday, from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday, and from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday for new merge lane and paving project.
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.