PHOENIX -- Some popular highways will be closed or have lane restrictions this weekend in the Valley, as the major Loop 101 road-widening project continues. Drivers should take alternate routes or plan for small delays as they pass construction zones.
• Southbound Loop 101 will close between Via De Ventura and Indian School Road and Loop 202 from 10 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday.
• Northbound Loop 101 will narrow to two lanes between Loop 202 and McDonald Drive from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
• Westbound Loop 101 will close between 51st Avenue and Interstate 17 from 10 p.m. Friday to noon Sunday. Both eastbound Loop 101 ramps to I-17 will be closed. Note: North-and southbound I-17 ramps to westbound Loop 101 will close starting at 9 p.m. Friday.
• Westbound Interstate 10 will narrow to one lane overnight between Riggs and Queen Creek roads from 9 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday; from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday; and from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday.
• Westbound Interstate 10 will narrow to one lane between Estrella Parkway and Citrus Road from 10 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday.
• Eastbound Interstate 10 will narrow to two lanes between Perryville and Citrus roads from 11:30 p.m. Friday to 11:30 a.m. Saturday.